Phased reordering of 12th Century Church
The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Kirtlington contains evidence of C12 origins and development through three subsequent centuries. The C12 central tower was rebuilt in 1853 by Benjamin Ferry in the Norman style and Sir George Gilbert Scott restored the Chancel. Acanthus Clews sought to meet the needs of the Parish through improved accessibility, comfort, and new facilities within the church, whilst creating a sympathetic re-ordering.
The works include a new stone floor with underfloor heating and glass floor to the original decorative iron grilles. A new accessible WC and flower arranging area to the North West corner of the North Aisle has pale turquoise screens of ceramic backed glass of a paler shade to the existing organ pipes. There are also turquoise upholstered chairs in ash with a decorative flower motif from the Chancel screen.